- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- B.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Broad experience in purification of trace metals or radionuclides from complex matrices for nuclear data or environmental measurements.
- Broad experience in use of nuclear decay counting detectors and/or other instruments and methods for quantitative analysis of inorganic analytes.
- Broad experience maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
- Broad experience performing quality evaluation of analytical data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative research environment.
- Broad experience working with radioactivity (>1 nCi).
Qualifications We Desire:
- Experience preparing ultra-high purity samples in methods typical of clean room work.
- Experience with accelerator or nuclear reactor production and isolation of radionuclides
- M.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks by interacting independently with professionals in the execution of responsibilities.
The AVS Career Center has listings for the latest science and engineering jobs in specialized disciplines like applied physics, astrophysics, atomic and molecular physics, mechanical engineering, plasma physics, materials science and engineering, fluid mechanics and dynamics, optics and lasers, and electrical engineering plus teaching jobs for assistant, associate, and full professor roles. Find a job here as a computational or experimental physicist, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.