Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Greenville, South Carolina
Moses Lake, Washington
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship
- BA or Masters in physics, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Sufficient experience with CAD, SolidWorks, or similar software, and mechanical design
- Ability to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities as experience develops
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and other technical and administrative staff
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment, and present and explain technical information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on technical tasks, organization skills to prioritize workload, manage multiple competing priorities, and keep track of long-term task.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Broad experience with dilution refrigerators or other cryogenic systems
- Broad experience tuning and calibrating superconducting quantum processors
- Cleanroom fabrication experience, superconducting device fabrication
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience maintaining and managing a laboratory or makerspace.
- Experience with cryogenics, vacuum, and mechanical systems, CAD design
- Knowledge of electrical engineering concepts related to design, assembly, calibration, and testing of analog and digital electrical systems
The AVS Career Center has listings for the latest science and engineering jobs in specialized disciplines like applied physics, astrophysics, atomic and molecular physics, mechanical engineering, plasma physics, materials science and engineering, fluid mechanics and dynamics, optics and lasers, and electrical engineering plus teaching jobs for assistant, associate, and full professor roles. Find a job here as a computational or experimental physicist, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.