Notre Dame, Indiana
Princeton, New Jersey
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Camperdown , New South Wales, Australia
- PhD in short-pulse laser physics, plasma physics, nuclear engineering or physics, or related discipline.
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing experiments and/or operating facilities in short-pulse high-intensity laser experimental physics.
- Ability to perform as an innovative experimentalist with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, execution, and analysis.
- Experience developing, calibrating, fielding, and analyzing x-ray, optical, or nuclear plasma diagnostics, or ultrafast laser diagnostics.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to author technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and proposals, and deliver scientific presentations.
- Effective initiative and interpersonal skills including the ability to work both as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, as well as the ability to produce independent, original work.
- Ability to think broadly and devise innovative solutions to problems to accomplish objectives.
Qualifications We Desire
- Hands-on experience working at HEDP or laser user facilities.
- Experience with high repetition rate laser systems, experiments, diagnostics, or targetry.
- Experience with data science approaches of machine learning, control augmentation, extreme data algorithms, and/or data-enhanced prediction.
The AVS Career Center has listings for the latest science and engineering jobs in specialized disciplines like applied physics, astrophysics, atomic and molecular physics, mechanical engineering, plasma physics, materials science and engineering, fluid mechanics and dynamics, optics and lasers, and electrical engineering plus teaching jobs for assistant, associate, and full professor roles. Find a job here as a computational or experimental physicist, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.