UWorld is looking for an on-site Physics Content Developer to contribute to the development of our new MCAT Question Bank. The Physics Content Developer will collaborate with a team of authors, editors and illustrators to develop a web-based product. We seek individuals with an unending passion for education who strive to develop an exceptional product that contributes to easier and stress-free MCAT preparation.
This ground-floor opportunity is long-term, and the Physics Content Developer will have the potential to engage in the product life cycle from planning and development to completion and maintenance. Candidates will partner with some of the brightest minds in education and become a part of UWorld’s success story.
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about student education and provides growth opportunity with a good work/life balance, UWorld is right for you.
Minimum Education Required:
Master’s degree required, PhD preferred Undergraduate/Graduate GPA of 3.6 or higher
Minimum Experience Required:
* Research experience in biophysics, biomedical engineering, or any other field of physics related to biology or medicine (2+ years)
* Subject matter expertise in Physics
* Teaching experience at the undergraduate/graduate level (1+ years)
* MCAT tutoring experience or familiarity with the MCAT preferred
* High score on the MCAT a plus (New MCAT: =510; Old MCAT: =32
* Passion for education and learning
* Strong scientific writing skills
* Effective problem solving skills and acute attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to think strategically and analytically and execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
* Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
* Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
* Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
* Ability to adapt quickly, brainstorm, and collaborate in a team setting
* Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
* Proven ability to write high-quality MCAT passages, questions, and rationales
Reports to the Manager of MCAT Product Development and develops content for the online MCAT Question Bank.
New content production
* Plays a key role in project development, planning, and execution
* Writes MCAT passages and questions with comprehensive rationales
* Revises and provides constructive feedback on content written by other authors
* Generates content that reflects existing blueprint standards and current scientific research
* Applies knowledge that reflects the MCAT blueprint and standardized examination practices for generation of test items
* Validates accuracy and relevance of content generated with other team members
* Collaborates with management and team members to ensure goals are met
* Works with other content experts to identify topics for new product development
* Assists other content team members during peak periods of new content production to ensure that all deadlines are met
* Manages time effectively while multi-tasking
Content revision and quality control
* Works closely with editing and illustration teams to create exceptional content that adheres to UWorld standards
* Responds quickly to user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
* Works collaboratively with team members to provide and receive feedback with tact and diplomacy
* Assists other team members during peak periods of content revision to ensure that all deadlines are met
Technical content management
* Communicates effectively with quality assurance team to resolve technical issues related to content in a timely manner
* Communicates with IT and support teams to troubleshoot exam development problems that inhibit productivity or result in customer dissatisfaction
* Participates in ongoing performance evaluation of current test items in the question bank.
* Recognizes and champions the integrity and security of question bank content and proprietary assets
Compensation and benefits
* Compensation negotiable (contingent on experience)
"UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law".
AVS is a partner in the AIP Career Network, a collection of online job sites for scientists, engineers,
and computing professionals. Other partners include Physics Today, the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT),
American Physical Society (APS Physics), IEEE Computer Society, and the Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Sigma Pi Sigma.