What is Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Engineering or related field and a minimum of 3 years work experience.
• Experience with interdisciplinary projects, including collaboration with both scientific and engineering staff.
• Experience with optics and electronics.
• Experience with synchrotron radiation techniques applied to the study of chemical and electronic properties of materials.
• Knowledge of energy sciences, condensed matter physics and chemistry as well as a thorough understanding of modern instrumentation techniques applied to these areas.
• Must be able to work independently, innovative and able to design, guide and support users’ experiments from initiation to meaningful conclusion in collaboration with a team of engineers, physicists, technical support staff, postdocs, and students.
• Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of synchrotron radiation sources. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• PhD degree in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Engineering or related field.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on May 22, 2017.
• This is a full time career appointment.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=99071 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".