Our emphasis on innovation and its source - dedicated employees - keeps us looking for talented individuals who are ready to meet aggressive goals in a high-technology company constantly developing new marketing-leading products. Good people are critical to our success and, in return, we offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits for our diverse, global workforce.
As a member of an interdisciplinary design team you will be involved in product development from concept design through product release. You will also support ongoing product sustainment throughout the product's life cycle. As a Mechanical Project Engineer your design responsibilities may range from updating components of existing products to full design of new complex systems. You will work closely with engineers, designers, operations, and marketing personnel on efficiently managed project teams where you are expected to meet or exceed performance, cost, and time line goals.
- Ability to take a leadership role to effectively manage tasks to support Project deliverables & milestones on time, within project budgets, and according to scope of project.
- Hands-on involvement in development engineering, input specifications, concept and feasibility activities, prototyping, testing, and production launch.
- Participate in a lead role to generate design history documentation such as Design Reviews, FMEA, Tolerance Analysis, and Qualification Plans.
- Collaborate with other R&D teams on Leak Detection Tool projects especially in Cologne, Germany and Linköping, Sweden and utilizing resources from those teams in Service Tools projects.
- Major interface with the production team at the INFICON China Factory (ICF).
- Create new or modified designs for both new and existing product designs.
- Design mechanical assemblies for ease of manufacturing while meeting project cost and time line goals.
- Assist in building prototypes and test fixtures for Engineering and Operations.
- Collaborate with suppliers, internal and external technology partners, and global INFICON Manufacturing locations to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
- Assist Operations with qualifications of suppliers to verify mechanical assemblies and ensure proper materials are obtained efficiently.
- Provide technical support to Marketing and Operations as needed for existing products.
- Effectively communicate engineering changes by following corporate change procedures.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, including Europe and Asia 10-25%.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Siemens NX or other 3-D modeling software.
- Experience with quality records and documentation (engineering change notice, corrective action, temporary deviation, etc).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), problem solving and organizational skills, the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Experience in HVAC&R, consumer electronics, medical, automotive, and/or aerospace industries.
- Proficiency in Siemens Teamcenter or other PLM system
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION